Come join us!
We are very excited to announce our very fist VUSC College Night, open to all families in our club, our agenda will include:
General College Process
- Current state of college soccer and the impact on recruitment
- How colleges recruit and how that is changing
- When colleges recruit typically and how that is changing
- College Levels and Communication expectations/rules
- Divisions and levels of college soccer
- Financial information as it pertains to college soccer
- Academic information as it pertains to the recruitment and admissions process
- Communication Timelines
- Player Actions and Information
- Communicating with a college coach best practices
- Player Profiles
- Video; impact of highlight and whole game footage
- Video best practices
- Role of coach and club in support
- Role of parents in support
- College ID Camps and how to ensure it is worthwhile time and money spent
- Individual Support
We encourage ALL FAMILIES to attend, Middle School families as well, this process has to be started as early as possible!!
We will have a Zoom meeting on Monday, September 14th from 6:00 to 8:30 PM (lots of information to cover)
Zoom Link: https://teacherscollege.zoom.us/j/9751703690
Kyle has over 10 years of experience supporting club soccer players with the college process and has helped guide players of all levels through the process. His approach is 100% support based with a focus on ensuring players are making “right fit” decisions through a holistic approach to what college means for families on and off the field. His passion is helping families navigate a confusing and sometimes overwhelming process with a personalized approach. He has worked in this capacity with clubs in San Diego, Silicon Valley and New York City.
Off the field Kyle has served as a high school teacher and athletic director and has extensive knowledge of the link between academics and athletics. Kyle is the Expanded Learning Opportunity Specialist at Teachers College, Columbia University. Kyle believes in democratic education and has a special interest in understanding and addressing the unique needs of diverse student bodies through customized extracurricular programs and activities.
On the field Kyle currently coaches Men’s Soccer at The College of Mount Saint Vincent, serves as the Director of College Placement for Silicon Valley Soccer Academy, Palo Alto Soccer Club, Downtown United Soccer Club. He also serves on the Advisory Panel for the newly founded Girls Academy.